For this manager conversation, Sightline Wealth Management’s Warren Gerow speaks with Ninepoint Partners’ Keegan Stoyles, an analyst for the Ninepoint Energy Income Fund, which seeks to provide unitholders with income and capital appreciation by investing in dividend-paying energy companies. During this conversation, Stoyles explains how increased demand and other factors have led some investors in this compelling asset class to be in a position that could lead to meaningful returns and consistent income.
Specifically, Gerow and Stoyles discuss:
- The differences between the Ninepoint Energy Income Fund and the more familiar Ninepoint Energy Fund
- The tactics the Ninepoint Energy Income Fund utilizes to avoid volatility in the sector to help its investors generate income
- The geographical differences currently between the two funds and the reasons why
- The target range for oil this year and how a recession may impact the demand and price of oil
- How the reopening of China could increase the supply side of oil and other commodities
- Where Europe may get its energy from following the sanctions against Russia
- Whether or not natural gas prices will remain low throughout the rest of 2023 and where they may go in the years moving forward
- If Canada is limited to how much natural gas the country can export due to pipeline development
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us at (416) 945-6228 with any questions.
Warren Gerow is an independent investment wealth consultant at Sightline Wealth Management.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.