For the first episode of a special multi-part manager conversation series, Sightline Wealth Management’s Paul de Sousa sat down with Jason Heath, managing director of Objective Financial Partners, to help you better understand the basic pillars of financial planning and how a proper strategy can help safeguard your wealth now and throughout your retirement. Throughout their conversation, de Sousa and Heath dive into the six pillars of effective financial planning: retirement planning, financial management, investment management, insurance and risk management, tax planning and estate services.
Specifically, de Sousa and Heath discuss:
- What it means to be advice-only, fee-only financial planners
- Why retirement planning is typically the core pillar of a financial plan
- The steps that are part of proper financial management
- The role financial planners can play in investment management
- The importance of proper insurance and risk management
- How to come up with the best tax plan for each financial plan
- How financial planning strategies address rising inflation
- The differences between active and passive estate planning
- The risks of being named an executor to an estate and how to circumvent them
- Best practices for financial planning when in retirement
- The implications of inheriting real estate
- Examples of success stories that have stemmed from effective financial planning
If you are interested in speaking with Sightline Wealth Management about working with Objective Financial Partners to create a financial plan that touches upon all six pillars to fit your unique needs, please do not hesitate to contact us at (416) 945-6228.
Objective Financial Partners is not a registered dealer and Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is not a tax or insurance advisor. Please consult your respective accountant and/or insurance broker for more information.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.