In this manager conversation, Sightline Wealth Management’s Warren Gerow speaks with Andrew Labbad, CFA, senior portfolio manager at Wealhouse Capital Management for the Amplus Credit Income Fund, which invests in high-quality companies that are raising debt to facilitate growth. During their conversation, Labbad offers an inside look at Amplus and how this innovative and flexible fixed-income strategy can help protect investors during bear markets while also maximizing returns during bull ones.
Some of the specific topics Gerow and Labbad address include:
- Labbad’s professional background and credentials
- A brief overview of Wealhouse, including its core principles and evolution
- The AUM of the firm and each fund it manages
- What differentiates Amplus from other fixed-income funds
- The reasoning behind the fund’s preferred allocations in fixed-income securities
- How interest rate levels can impact the fund’s strategy and performance
- Macro factors that determine portfolio positioning and duration
- How this year’s debt ceiling crisis may impact interest rates moving forward
- The outlook for future rate hikes in Canada and how it differentiates from the US
- How Amplus aims to meet its goals of consistent returns and capital preservation
As always, if you have any questions regarding fixed income or are interested in allocating towards the Amplus Credit Income Fund, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Warren Gerow is an independent investment wealth consultant at Sightline Wealth Management.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.