Webinar Replay: Outlook for 2021
To help families prepare their portfolios for the new year, Sightline Wealth Management recently hosted a LIVE market outlook lunchtime discussion with Ninepoint Partners’ John Wilson, Co-CEO, Managing Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager, and Mark Wisniewski, Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager.
During this event, Wilson and Wisniewski utilized their experience and expertise to educate families about some of the most noteworthy investment opportunities and challenges this year, specifically regarding equities and yields. Wilson began the conversation with the outlook for equities in 2021, specifically discussing:
- Ways the current environment has created opportunities in the equity market
- Reasons why equities were able to withstand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Whether the coming year favours value or growth stocks
- Factors to weigh when selecting businesses to invest in a post-pandemic world
- Aspects to worry about in the equity market in 2021
- The importance of staying invested, diversified and engaged
Wisniewski then continued the discussion with the outlook for yields in 2021, covering topics such as:
- Ways the current environment has created opportunities in yields
- The new Federal Reserve framework and its impact on yields
- The current state of inflation and expectations for inflation in the new year
- Aspects to worry about in bond yields in 2021
- Reasons why owning government bonds is not as easy as it was in years past
- The importance of taking risks when investing in bond funds
To learn more about the topics discussed in this conversation, please contact us at (416) 945-6228.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.