To help investors prepare their portfolios for the new year, Sightline Wealth Management recently hosted a market outlook webinar with Ninepoint Partners’ John Wilson, Co-CEO, Managing Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager, and Mark Wisniewski, Partner and Senior Portfolio Manager.
During this event, Wilson and Wisniewski utilized their experience and expertise to help educate investors about some of the most noteworthy investment opportunities and challenges this year, specifically regarding equities and fixed income. Wilson began the conversation with the outlook for equities in 2022, specifically:
- Ways the pandemic created opportunities in the equity market
- Why 2021 favored value-based stocks over growth stocks
- Why equity investors need to pay attention to inflation and interest rate levels
- Factors causing this “transitory” inflation to last much longer than expected
- Challenges the equity market will likely face in 2022
- Types of assets to own as inflation and interest rates rise
Wisniewski then continued the discussion with the outlook for fixed income in 2022, covering topics such as:
- Expectations for inflation and interest rate hikes for the U.S. and Canada
- How high interest rates may specifically go and the reasons why
- Why corporate credit is currently a better option than government bonds
- Challenges fixed income will likely face in 2022
- How fixed income investors can hedge against interest rate volatility
To learn more about the topics discussed in this conversation, please contact us at (416) 945-6228 or via email at email@example.com.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.