For this manager conversation, Sightline Wealth Management’s Warren Gerow speaks with Geoff Ward, vice president of business development at Equiton, a firm that uses unique real estate investments to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. During their conversation, Ward explains how Equiton utilizes real estate investment trusts (REITs) as an alternative to traditional investments to help families build and sustain long-term wealth in times of market downturn.
Specifically, Gerow and Ward discuss:
- An overview of Equiton and its Residential Income Fund
- The fund’s current real estate holdings
- Building characteristics that make them an attractive investment
- How the fund’s development in Ottawa is different than past investments
- The fund’s current plans for expansion beyond the Ontario region
- The fund’s buy-and-hold strategy and how they improve the buildings in their portfolio
- The impacts of the pandemic on the REIT space
- The average size of the fund’s buildings and its largest acquisition
- What the future may hold for Equiton
- How the fund plans to support growth moving forward
- The current capital return for the fund’s investors
- How Equiton is able to maintain its track record of success
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us at (416) 945-6228 with any questions.
Warren Gerow is an independent investment wealth consultant at Sightline Wealth Management.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.