With beautiful weather and long sunny days, summer is officially in full swing. However, as we discussed in previous conversations, nice weather makes it more difficult to keep people in their homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a result, we are now facing the pandemic’s second wave as cases rise exponentially, particularly across the southern United States. In their latest conversation, Sightline’s Paul de Sousa and Warren Gerow examine these new case spikes and how it may affect investors for many years to come. Specifically, de Sousa and Gerow discuss:
- The places with the most new coronavirus cases in the past seven days
- Why the number of jobless claims are still concerning despite improvement
- Why a low amount of stock buybacks in June is not as negative as it seems
- Why constant monitoring of portfolios is critical in the current market environment
- The large disconnect between inflation calculation rates of the past and present
- The impending massive monetary and paradigm shifts
- The potential long-term effects of a depression on investing behaviours
- A comprehensive update on the gold and precious metal markets
Warren Gerow is an independent investment wealth consultant to Sightline Wealth Management.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
The opinions and information contained in this article are those of Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) as of the date of this article and are subject to change without notice. Sightline endeavors to ensure that the content has been compiled from sources that we believe to be reliable. The information is not meant to be used as the primary basis of investment decisions and should not be constructed as advice. Each investor should obtain independent advice before making any investment decisions.