For this manager conversation, Sightline Wealth Management’s Warren Gerow speaks with Jeff Sayer, vice president and portfolio manager of Ninepoint Partners’ Global Real Estate Fund and Global Infrastructure Fund. During their conversation, Sayer offers insight into the potential future of the commercial real estate and infrastructure markets and how these asset classes typically perform during periods of volatility and inflation.
Specifically, Gerow and Sayer discuss:
- A brief overview of each fund and how they may differ from each other
- How the funds crossover and are both involved in specialty REITs
- The amount of turnover on an annual basis for the funds
- Why the funds largely focus on North American and continental European areas
- How they determine when it is time to exit a specific holding
- How they protect their portfolios during economic downturns
- How these funds typically respond to periods of inflation
- Typical underlying yield of assets in each fund
- Largest subsector and specific holding in each fund
- How these asset classes will likely perform in our current macro environment
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us at (416) 945-6228 with any questions.
Warren Gerow is an independent investment wealth consultant at Sightline Wealth Management.
Sightline Wealth Management LP (“Sightline”) is an investment dealer and is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Sightline provides management and investment advisory services to high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors primarily through fee-based accounts.
Sightline Wealth Management LP is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. (“NFG Inc.”). NFG Inc. is also the parent company of Ninepoint Partners LP, it is an investment fund manager and advisor and exempt market dealer. By virtue of the same parent company, Sightline is affiliated with Ninepoint Partners LP. Information and/or materials contained herein is for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of any issuer or any portfolio managed by Sightline Wealth Management or Ninepoint Partners, including Ninepoint managed funds.
Sightline Wealth Management (“Sightline”) makes every effort to ensure that the information has been derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, Sightline assumes no responsibility for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, which arise out of the use of this information. Sightline is not under any obligation to update or keep current the information contained herein. The information should not be regarded by recipients as a substitute for the exercise of their own judgment. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Please speak to your Advisor regarding the suitability of information provided in this article for you. The opinions, estimates, projections and/or recommendations contained in this document are those of the author as of the date hereof.